Pages

Saturday, January 22, 2011

New Year's Resolutions

You make them; I make them; we all make them. Most people's include some sort of physical component-- exercise regularly, eat healthily, you know. The usual highly-motivated lifestyle stuff. 


Was devouring an entire box of Cinnamon Burst Cheerios in about 2 days one of my goals this year? Well...not exactly...




But is it the BEST cereal I have ever tasted, and did I get that box for free??
Yes!!


For everyone who feels their idealistic New Year's resolutions slipping, I am here to tell you that it is not the end of the world. Part of being human is learning how to laugh it off and let it go, then wake up tomorrow ready for a new week!

As one wise Canadian schoolteacher once said, 
"Tomorrow is always fresh, with no mistakes in it."
Because sometimes, we end up smashing our school materials over the heads of people who bother us, for reasons we can't always explain. 


But we have friends (and family, for all you non-orphans) who love us for who we really are, not just slate-cracking maniacs. 


And you know what? 

Chances are that in the end, everything is going to turn out just fine. 

1 comment:

  1. I love this post. Also - I love finding new, delicious cereal. Have you ever tried Banana Nut Cheerios? How do those compare to these cinnamon bursts?

    ReplyDelete