Pages

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Lonesome Polecat and Other Adventures

Our FARM Highlights: Christmas 2011

Chickens! Shortly thereafter Tori and I both discovered the wonders of stinging nettle!

The PUZZLE TO END ALL PUZZLES. We refused to go before it was finished so we stayed up until 12:30 the night before we left. Every time I close my eyes to sleep I am comparing different shades of purple and snapping pieces into place.




Chuck developed the birds-eye technique.


A more accurate depiction of how we felt.
HULU: TV is a luxury I don't make time for during the school year... so in addition to watching the BCS games and Jimmer score his first points for the Kings, this Christmas break we've spent lots of quality time together bonding over Once Upon a Time, I Hate My Teenage Daughter, and Pushing Daisies. (I now own both seasons on DVD. Thanks, Mom!!)
Footie pajamas? Uh... maybe... don't judge.
Farm Fotoshoot. Technically, I invented this with Meg three years ago... but haven't been back to Mississippi in a long time. So this was actually my first time in front of the camera rather than behind it. (True to form... it was still too much work to do my hair hahaha)

Megan 3 years ago. Photographer: Lauren
Megan now. So grown up!! Photographer: Mom.



Oh HAYYY American Eagle
Seven Brides for Seven Brothers. This musical sends lots of mixed messages like "Women want honeymoon babies" and "Kidnapping is okay." But we love it anyway. Best line of the entire movie: "Can't make no vows to a herd of cows." Also, this entire song is ONE CONTINUOUS SHOT. Amazing.



Extra plus: Most-attractive brothers Frank, Benjamin and Gideon sing a trio while least-attractive brother Caleb does a ballet axe dance. [I don't know when it happened, but we have them all ranked.]
It doesn't get any better than this, friends.
 Happy Holidays :)

4 comments:

  1. I love Seven Brides for Seven Brothers! I'm definitely going to need to watch that musical ASAP!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hhahha why didn't I know you have a blog. I'm so excited to stalk. LOVED the pictures, they're wonderful. BTW I was over at Miss Jenna Welsh's last night & we were looking through old pictures & we ran along some lovely girls camp photos. So awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! My cousin, Rachel Brinkerhoff recommended your blog so I hope you don't mind if I virtually follow you. I noticed your family lives in Louisville. My parents just moved from Louisville to Utah. I lived in KY for 11 years. I miss it!

    ReplyDelete