In the meantime...
for those of you who know about my very slight COMMITMENT issues...
Good things about this internship:
1. I am the FIRST media intern they've ever had- so I get to blaze the trail here.
2. I will get to ride the metro to and from work. This has already been consecrated as precious time to read, write, observe, think, and stay on top of homework in general.
3. Their office is in Old Alexandria, Virginia- which apparently, is a very darling town.
And as we all know, Virginia is for Lovers.
3. The commute will force me to better prioritize my time so that every evening when I come home I will be sure to LIVE IT UP and experience everything in downtown D.C. (I am starting my list NOW... so if you have any suggestions of places to go or see or eat, I would love to hear them!)
4. They have an attorney on staff who they said I could shadow on the Hill and see some family-law-policy-work in action. Law school HOLLER!
5. Should I ever want to adopt a child, I will be one phone call away! :)
I am going vegetarian- at least until the end of the summer. At which point I may go back to Chick-fil-A if I cannot bear it, or at which point I may have turned into a total chunky-granola, full-fledged vegan.
"But Lauren, what's the big deal? You don't eat that much meat anyway!"
Might as well make the jump! I am excited to start and to JUDGE YOU ALL at this weekend's General Conference barbeque!!
However, if you are of the vegetarian/vegan persuasion, DO share some of your favorite recipes. And when I say "some," I mean all. I am quite determined to become a good cook. (Ideally, I would love to be able to bake without eggs.)
Currently, I will finish up the chicken I have in my fridge.
And then I will start getting creative.
Hello, homemade granola bars.
here via the lovely Sarah. Because if you have not had these, you are SERIOUSLY missing out.