Pages

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Valley Forge & Philly Cheese Steak

The weekend AFTER the 4th of July we went to Valley Forge. No one is really sure why. The best part of our stay at Camp Walden was the dance party we had in the kitchen that night- and the slumber party that came after [Arapaho bunk 11.]

Megan and I rocked our matching 8th-grade FiEld TrIp to DC!! shirts. with pride.


How attractive was this trip on a scale of 1-10?
I'd give it a solid 3. Negative 3. 

The next day we went to Philly, which was significantly better (although just as sweltering, in case you were wondering.) Sadly, I don't have any pictures of me getting yelled at for trying to touch the Liberty Bell, although it was a definite highlight of the morning.

"Lauren, what made you think you were allowed to touch it?" -Jessica
"I don't know!? It was old!"
Dr. Seely, you have taught me so well. 

National Constitution Center [which may win the award for best museum ever].

 Independence Hall.

Girl Scouts of America exhibit.
"There are three things I want when I get home: a tent, an ax, and a wood pile."
-Camper at Camp Andree Clark, 1929

Elizabeth Malone, darling of the Barlow Center and Nice Park Ranger, whose job we both want.

 Reading Market. LOVE fountain. Betsey Ross' house.



I saved the best part for last.

On the bus, someone had brought Kung Fu Panda, which I had never before seen. There was one part that was so funny I didn't just cry, I wept violently for ten minutes. [This is probably around minute seven, which is why Haylee appears so disinterested.] I didn't know this video existed until it appeared in my work email inbox this morning. Well played. It still brings tears to my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment