Pages

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Receptionisting

It has come to my attention that slapping a Post-it on something does not make it inherently more organized.


Also,

If this was Beauty and the Beast and all my office supplies came to life, the automatic stapler would be the bad guy. The white-out roller would be the cool friend who gets you in trouble.

Songza has informed me that all of my most favorite tracks fall into the genre of 'Makeout Songs.'
I'm not really sure what to say to that, but I don't think I'll use it as my new go-to answer when people ask, "So, what kind of music do you like?"

Every week I have a lunch date with my dad, whose company I am receptionisting for. (Tomorrow is Jason's Deli!) Nepotism rocks.

I like it a lot when men call me ma'am. I wish I could say I notice when women say it, too, because I sure use it and it's polite and gender equality and stuff!  but some things are just different.

Sitting in front of the candy jar means people talk to you like you're their personal shoulder devil sent to tempt them with wicked banana Laffy Taffy's. Like, WHY DO YOU DO THIS?!!?? I THOUGHT I TOLD YOU TO HIDE THESE FROM ME!!!  You can muster up an awkward chuckle, but that's about it.

Once, this conversation happened.

Thank you for calling Appriss, provider of the Vine service. How may I help you? 
Hi. Could you give me the number for the clinic? 
(long pause)
 ... Mom? 

We stayed on the phone shedding tears of laughter. Eventually, her call was successfully transferred.

No comments:

Post a Comment